- Education is key: train your employees.
- Secure your computer and networks.
- Limit administrative rights. Do not allow employees to install software without prior approval.
- Install and maintain spam filters.
- Surf the Internet carefully.
- Install & maintain real-time, anti-virus & anti-spyware desktop firewall & malware detection and removal software. Use these tools regularly to scan your computer. Allow for automatic updates and scheduled scans.
- Install routers & firewalls to prevent unauthorized access to the computer or network.
- Change default passwords regularly on all network devices.
- Install security updates to operating systems and all applications as they become available.
- Block pop-ups.
- Do not open attachments from unfamiliar email senders.
- Be on the alert for suspicious emails.
- Do not use public Internet access points.
- Reconcile accounts daily.
- Note any changes in computer performance, including: Dramatic loss of speed, freezing,unexpected rebooting, unusual pop-ups, etc.
- Make sure that employees know how and to whom to report suspicious activity at your company and at First Bank.
Contact First Bank if you:
- Suspect a fraudulent transaction.
- Try to process an ACH Batch and receive a maintenance page or error.
- Receive an email claiming to be from First Bank that requests personal or company
For more information, call 940.691.0000.