Financial Services Representative
4110 Kell Boulevard, Wichita Falls, TX
The Financial Services Representative is responsible for assisting customers with a variety of banking needs as well as making the best recommendation of bank products to current and prospective customers. The ideal candidate for this position is knowledgeable about banking products and processes, motivated, and has an outgoing, warm, and friendly personality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise current and prospective customers on bank products and services that are best suited to their needs (e.g. checking and savings accounts, CDs, debit cards, etc.)
- Understand and be able to clearly explain the products and services offered by First Bank, including but not limited to:
- Checking and savings accounts
- Certificates of Deposits (CDs)
- Money market accounts
- Online banking
- Debit cards
- Retirement accounts; traditional and Roth IRAs (individual retirement accounts)
- Personal loans
- Safe-deposit box
- Assist customers with managing their bank accounts and finances; refer customers to appropriate bank personnel to meet their financial needs
- Build long-term relationships with customers as a foundation to recommend our products and services
- Open bank accounts for current and new customers; oversee transactions and close accounts when necessary
- Compile information about new accounts, enter account information into computers, and file/scan related forms or other documents
- Resolve problems and issues with banking services as they arise
- Ability to interpret legal documents (with proper training) and apply to various situations and/or account types
- Greet customers as they enter the bank and direct them to the correct area of the bank to conduct their business
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Proven experience as a financial services representative and/or personal banker is required
- Commitment to ethical conduct in all business endeavors
- Self-motivated and determined to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Tenacious problem-solving skills with a customer-oriented approach
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to build rapport within the community
- Knowledge of banking practices and regulations is required
- High school diploma required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
- Basic computer skills necessary
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications
- Good communication skills including speaking clearly and accurately using a pleasant tone and common conversational courtesies
- Strong customer service skills
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m., and periodically on Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
This position is at our 4110 Kell Boulevard, Wichita Falls, TX location.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Don’t see the position you’re looking for?
Submit an application
We’re always looking for talented, qualified individuals to join our team. We encourage you to submit an application, including the type of position you’re looking for, and we will be in touch if there is a potential fit.